Subject: RE: Inquiry Regarding Cybersecurity Regulations – Bachelor Thesis
From: "Lauri Kriisa" <[email-masked]>
To: "Konrad, Laurenz" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Riigi Infosüsteemi Amet <[email-masked]>, "Sander Pelisaar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2025 22:45:55 +0300

Dear Mr Konrad

Thank you for your enquiry and we wish you success in your research. Could 
you elaborate on the deadline requirements for your research, i.e. when 
would be the last useful time to provide our input? Due to the summer 
vacations at our authority, we are unable to assign our personnel to this 
currently but could do so starting from the middle of August. Would that 
timeframe still be useful for you?

Kind regards

Lauri Kriisa

Head of Legal Department

+372 533 09 519

 <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]

Information System Authority of Estonia

Legal Department

Pärnu maantee 139a, Tallinn 15169

 <http://www.ria.ee/> www.ria.ee

From: Konrad, Laurenz <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, July 7, 2025 11:24 AM
To: Riigi Infosüsteemi Amet <[email-masked]>
Subject: Inquiry Regarding Cybersecurity Regulations – Bachelor Thesis

E-kiri saadeti väljastpoolt RIA-t. Kui Sa ei tunne saatjat, siis ära ava 
linke ega manuseid!

Dear Sir or Madam

My name is Laurenz Konrad, and I am currently completing my bachelor’s 
thesis in Digital Business Management at accadis University of Applied 
Sciences in Bad Homburg, Germany. My thesis is titled: “Strategic 
Divergence – Political Drivers and Cybersecurity Enforcement Challenges in 
EU Member States.”

The research focuses on three main areas:

- Geopolitical threats and the EU’s strategic digital vulnerabilities

- Regulatory delays and institutional bottlenecks, particularly regarding 
the NIS2 Directive

- Practical implications of cybersecurity requirements for both businesses 
and Member States

I’m reaching out based on expertise in information security and its role in 
advancing cybersecurity preparedness. With this in mind, I would be grateful 
if you would be so kind as to share your perspective on the following 
questions:

1. How do you assess the current status and main challenges of NIS2 
transposition in your country?

2. From your perspective, does the current EU regulatory framework (e.g. 
NIS2) adequately reflect the operational realities of national cybersecurity 
systems and private-sector needs?

3. How effectively is your country coordinating between different 
stakeholders (government, regulators, and private sector) to implement NIS2 
in a proportionate and practical way?

4. Do you believe the current EU approach allows sufficient flexibility to 
reflect national cybersecurity structures while ensuring EU-wide 
harmonization?

5. In light of growing geopolitical cyber threats, how well-prepared do you 
feel your country is under the NIS2 framework? Where do you see room for 
improvement at both the national and EU levels?

Thank you very much for your support. Your response would make a valuable 
contribution to my analysis. Of course, I will interpret your statements in 
accordance with academic standards and cite them appropriately. Your 
response will be treated anonymously, and your name will not be disclosed.

Please feel free to answer only selected questions if a complete response is 
not possible due to time constraints or content-related reasons. You are 
also very welcome to forward this email to any other interested parties who 
may be able or willing to contribute to my research.

Kind regards,

Laurenz Konrad

-- 

Laurenz Konrad
BA-DBM 2025 DB

accadis Hochschule Bad Homburg
SÜDCAMPUS Bad Homburg
Am Weidenring 4
61352 Bad Homburg
www.accadis.com <https://www.accadis.com>